pymsn rewrite status
thanks to Ole André, and his wonderful oSpy, pymsn is getting msnp15 support slowly. The most tedious part was basically working with SOAP, a voodoo technology that microsoft MSN engineer decided to use just to let the world know how cool and smart they are !
The problem was finding a library to deal with our beloved SOAP, we tried SOAPy, it worked quite okay until we found that msn servers got strict about the order of the headers, we then thought about using ZSI, the problem is that it didn’t have a working proxy support, required us to write some code for the networking layer, and wasn’t appealing :D So I decided to grab element-tree and write a very simple, dumb and stupid SOAP client support for GNet (pymsn’s networking library).
Now I am working on the AddressBook SOAP stuff, I hope to finish this today to get back to the core msnp protocol…